Thursday, February 25, 2010

The 24 Hour Flu

Well, I have it. That thing that makes your body do things that just aren't natural. It was about 3:00 this morning when I awoke with the worst stomach pains! It didn't take me long to recognize what I thought was a stomach bug. After a call to Beau at 3:30 (he's in Houston this week on biz) and one quick plea via Facebook that I needed my mommy, I emailed my team at the office saying no way, no how was I making it in today. Oh, and I'll share this little life lesson with you - if you call your hubby at 3:30am and happen to be pregnant, he WILL think the worst possible thing! Intruder, premature labor, losing the baby, I'm dying, etc. Oops. Side note: This is very reminiscent of the time that I called him while he was in the middle of a business dinner screaming at the top of my lungs b/c Brinkley brought a mouse in the house and dropped it at my feet. Of course, he couldn't understand me. It was then that I had to tell him that not only was I not being attacked by a masked man, but that the mouse was dead. Oops. 

Anyway,  I digress....nurse said I have the 24 hour flu - that it's going around and one of the worst outbreaks she has seen. Lots of liquids and I'm highly contagious. Oh good. Do I tell Beau that NOW (when he is about to board a plane early to come take care of me) or after he lands when he can't get away from me. Duh! Waited until he got home to tell him. Now, he won't come near me. Boo. Hiss. But before Beau arrived home, these are the folks that were taking care of me:

Clowns to the left of me....
 

Jokers to the right....
A doggie caretaker sandwich!

Shout out to Becca Caney - the BEST Frisco neighbor ever for bringing me a care package full of Gatorade, popsicles, soup and a SLURPEE!! I haven't had one of those in years and it was soooo good!

No comments: